This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for more information.
The third trimester can be an uncomfortable and exciting time in your pregnancy. Here are my third trimester must haves for an easier pregnancy!
Third Trimester Must Haves
1. Pregnancy Pillow
- UNIQUE DESIGN & ERGONOMICAL- The U shaped body pillow lets you get a good night of sleep throughout your pregnancy. It's uniquely designed to follow the natural shape of the pregnancy mom but good for any one,long enough for you to stretch out and support for both back and front.
- PAIN RELIEF FOR A COMFORTABLE SLEEP- Our Customers have been using this maternity pillow effectively for back pain and 3rd trimester pain relief with fibromyalgia, sciatica, gastric reflux, congestion, carpal tunnel syndrome, eliminate tossing and turning, ME etc.
- MULTIPURPOSE PREGNANCY PILLOW- Replaces standard pillows to create multi position as a pillow for sleeping, reading in bed, watching TV. Total Body Support and helping relieve back pain to get a better sleep
- MACHINE WASHABLE - Cover: 100% pure velvet; filling: polyester,long-lasting resilience and durability,machine washable pillow cover.
- CUSTOMER PLEASED. Our goal is for you to be completely satisfied,polyfill material is available adapts to your needs for comfort.
During the third trimester sleep is hard. You are exhausted, but you are achy and do you really need to use the bathroom again…yes, yes you do.
Getting a pregnancy pillow can really help support you in all the right places to prevent some of those aches and pains.
2. Epsom Salts
- HIGHEST PURE QUALITY (Packaged in USA): PURE UNSCENTED Epsoak Epsom Salt (Magnesium Sulfate) is USP grade and GMO free (Genetically Modified Organisms).
- DISSOLVES QUICKLY/GREAT VALUE: After soaking in Epsoak Epsom Salt it becomes clear why Epsoak is the leading name in Epsom Salt. The expertly selected grain size of Epsoak Epsom Salt means that it dissolves quickly & easily in warm water without hassle every single time. It's transparent/slightly white in color, and is unscented. Buy in BULK and save.
- RELAX MUSCLES & IMPROVE SKIN: Known for its amazing therapeutic qualities, an epsom salt bath can help to relieve muscle aches and pains, relieve aching feet, cleanse pores, flush out toxins, detoxify the skin. Mix with shower gel to create your own body scrub.
- WORKS ON PLANTS AND GARDEN: Epsom Salt can do amazing things to help your Garden flourish. Epsom Salt for plants is a completely natural and cost efficient way to give them that extra boost to help your plants thrive. Use on plants, lawn, shrubs and more…
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Here at the San Francisco Salt Company we are confident that you will be completely satisfied with our products, which is why we stand behind every single item that we sell. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase reach out to us directly and we will make it right.
While we are talking about aches and pains we have to talk about Epsom salts. A warm Epsom salt bath feels like heaven during the third trimester. Epsom salts can soothe and relieve the pains of sore muscles.
If you get bad back, hip or leg pain these can become a lifesaver for you.
As you near the end of your pregnancy you may have difficulty getting in and out of the bath on your own. I only take baths when my husband is home and can help me get out. I’ve almost gotten stuck in the bath a couple of times.
3. Back Massager
- 110v RATED POWER: This massager is NOT intended for use outside of the US and should ONLY be used with a 110v service outlet. Failing to do so can result in shock or damage to the product and will void warranty due to misuse of the product
- 3D SHIATSU MASSAGE TECHNOLOGY: The HoMedics Shiatsu and Vibration Massage Pillow with Heat delivers a circular kneading massage. Using the latest massage technology, this massage pillow’s massaging nodes move in an inward and outward motion for a deeper, more authentic shiatsu massage
- OPTIONAL VIBRATION & HEAT: This 3D Shiatsu and Vibration Massage Pillow’s vibration and heat features will help to further relax your muscles and stimulate blood flow to sore muscles. The vibration feature helps to reach deeper tissues and organs, helping to create a sense of full body relaxation. The use of heat helps to penetrate tired muscles in your upper back, lower back, neck, and shoulders. Turn the heat on to enhance your massage experience and soothe tired muscles
- EASY TO USE INTEGRATED CONTROLS: The 3D Shiatsu and Vibration Massage has integrated controls for added convenience. Controls are built into the cushion, so there’s no need to fumble around looking for the control switch. Simply reach to the right to choose your settings. The lightweight, comfortable pad fits well in most chairs
- VERSATILE AND PORTABLE: This 3D Shiatsu and Vibration Massage Pillow was designed as a portable massage cushion. It is lightweight, compact, and discrete. Take it with you to work and massage your back at your desk. A heated massage will make your office chair much more comfortable. The versatile design of this massage pillow allows you to easily target your neck, back, or shoulders. The 6 foot, 120 voltage cord allows it to be used almost anywhere
I don’t know about you, but I started feeling guilty asking my hubby for back massages pretty much every day. So I started using this back massager and it helped so much. You can plug it in pretty much anywhere and it feels so good!
4. Prenatal Massage
If you can afford to get a prenatal massage…do it! I didn’t with my first baby, but I did with my second and it made a huge difference.
You can check with your local massage parlors, but I ended up finding my place on Groupon!
5. Maternity Support Band
- CHOOSING THE RIGHT SIZE: See 2nd product picture for HOW TO MEASURE then REFER TO SIZE CHART in product description below. Please measure from around your lower back to under your belly (slightly above the pubic area). Do NOT choose according to your maternity pants(trousers) size.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Just send the seller a message in your Orders section to get a free replacement of the same size OR DIFFERENT SIZE, or a full refund of your order!
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE to accommodate abdominal growth throughout pregnancy! NEW reinforced hooks and loops fabric fasteners!
- BREATHABLE fabric constructed of a multi-layered laminate with an ELASTIC lining. This product is designed for walking or standing position, when sitting we recommend to detach the hooks and loops fabric.
- One of the most TESTED and POPULAR maternity belts in the USA, UK, CANADA, GERMANY and FRANCE!
The pressure of your growing belly can put some major strain on your back and hips. Using a maternity support band can help alleviate some of that pressure.
6. Heating Pad
- Ideal for hot therapy! A rectangular shaped multi-purpose pack that can be used for every body part- relieves pain and discomfort as well as promotes body relaxation!
- It weighs about 2.5 pounds which helps to keep a gentle pressure on sore muscles, achy joints, injuries, Arthritis, tendonitis, stress, tension, The list goes on. Product dimensions are approximately 11 inches in length and 6 inches wide.
- Simply heat in the Microwave for soothing heat therapy. Reusable, 100% natural, handmade in USA, eco friendly, and pet safe.
- One side soft fleece and the other is cotton. Best for staying warm and cozy during a cold winter.
- 1-Year warranty for manufacturing defects, please contact seller directly. For Returns, please contact Amazon customer service.
The warmth of a heating pad can be so soothing on an achy back (are you starting to get the idea that the third trimester can be pretty uncomfortable?).
Just like your bath you don’t want your hot pad to be super hot, but just warm enough to help with the aches. I use a microwaveable hot pad like this one or you can use an electric heating pad – just make sure it has a low/warm setting.
7. Ice Pack
- Patented design of the Chattanooga ColPac gently delivers soothing cold therapy and stays pliable during treatment
- Provides instant pain relief to treat fever, bruises, sprains, strains, and helps to manage swelling
- Each cold therapy pack is latex-free and is filled with non-toxic silica gel, so it's safe for all ages to use
- Simply apply immediately after an injury to control the inflammation of soft tissue; Delivers up to 30 minutes of soothing relief
- ColPaC is most serviceable when kept in a freezer set at 12° F (-11°C)
With pains sometimes it helps to alternate between hot and cold. With both of my babies, I’ve had Symphysis Pubic Dysfunction (SPD) and Sciatica problems. Most of the time I preferred the heat from a hot pad, but if it got really irritated I would break out the ice pack.
This can help reduce swelling if you have irritated joints or muscles.
Plus, if you are pregnant in the third trimester and feel super hot pulling out the ice pack can be a quick way to cool off. I have a smaller one that I keep to put on my neck if I’m hot or have a headache and then a larger one like this for if my back is aching.
8. Portable Fan
- 【Hanging Umbrella Design】: Unique design style, you can hang the fan above your umbrella or parasol.The design is ideal for outdoor crowds, and you don't have to worry about the outdoors even when the temperature is so high, because this fan can cool you down,It's a must-have for the summer.
- 【Folding And Multipurpose Design】: This fan can fold up to 180°.You can use this fan: hold it on your hand, put it on the table, hang it on the sun umbrella, clip it on other objects; If you don't know how to use it, please look at the picture or contact us. If you find better uses, you can also tell us.
- 【ENERGY SOURCE】: This fan is a USB port rechargeable model. It can also be powered directly by batteries, but you must remove the insulation from the battery compartment, otherwise it will not be recharged or used.USB cable can be charged with computer, mobile power, power bank and so on.
- 【3 Adjustable Speed Level】:Low/medium/high speed level.Adjust appropriate fan speed by pressing the power button repeatedly.And 6pcs fan blades, strong wind, wind distance up to 3m.Brushless motor makes the fan durable.Efficient power and conversion circuitry can minimize the loss to save energy and protect environment.
- 【Portable Lightweight Design】:When you go outside, you can put it in the bag with you,especially suitable for summer travel or outdoor sports,you can take it to anywhere,like NBA/World Cup Qualifiers/Football Game/or any activity.
I’ve experienced the third trimester in both the winter/spring as well as in the summer and I feel like I am always hot. Having a small portable fan is super convenient so you don’t have to freeze everyone else out.
During my summer pregnancy, my husband bought me this little fan and a spray bottle that I would fill with water and it felt like heaven.
9. Reusable Water Bottle
- BPA free water bottle features a pop up straw that operates with one hand
- Protective spout cover keeps out dirt and germs for cleaner drinking
- Lid is leak proof when closed for on the go convenience
- Button lock prevents unintended pressing of the pop up straw button for added peace of mind
- Clip on handle attaches to bags, key rings, and more for easy carrying
When you are pregnant you need to drink a lot of water and in the third trimester you need to drink even more.
It is said that pregnant women should drink at least 10 8 oz glasses per day.
I use a Contigo water bottle like this one and aim to drink it 3-4 times during the day. This helps me track how much I’m drinking to make sure that I’m staying hydrated enough.
This is super important during the third trimester when becoming dehydrated can cause uncomfortable braxton hicks contractions, leg cramps and more.
10. Panty Liners
- U by Kotex Barely There Liners : so comfy, you’ll barely know it’s there
- Thin and flexible liners for light flow or everyday use
- Panty liner with sheer sides to keep it discreetly in place
- Light absorbency pantiliners that are Lotion Free and fragrance Free
- Individually folded and wrapped period liners in four colorful designs
If drinking all of that water wasn’t enough, add a bowling ball pushing down on your bladder. Sometimes, especially if this isn’t your first baby, there can be a bit of bladder leakage during the third trimester.
A swift baby kick to the bladder or sneezing without your legs crossed can result in an uncomfortable situation.
I’d pick up a pack to have on hand in case this happens to you as you go through the third trimester.
- SUNBEST JUMBO Pitted Prunes, Dried Plum, Unsulphured in Resealable Bag
- Great source of potassium,fiber, and rich in Vitamin K
- Health Benefits: Good for digestive system, prevents over eating, and anti-oxidant
- Great for snacking and it's sweet and juicy
- OK Kosher Certified
On the other end, there is the dreaded third trimester constipation. Many women become irregular in the third trimester and prunes are a natural way to help keep things moving along.
You also can talk to your doctor about your constipation and they can prescribe a stool softener to help you stay regular.
- TUMS Extra Strength Assorted Fruit chewable antacids offer fast acting, extra strength heartburn relief so you can enjoy all of your favorite foods
- TUMS antacid tablets relieve heartburn, sour stomach, acid indigestion, and upset stomach associated with these symptoms
- Delivers 50 percent more acid neutralizing power than TUMS regular strength antacid
- Comes in a delicious assorted fruit flavor and goes to work in seconds
- TUMS heartburn medicine is America’s number one antacid
Heartburn can come in a fury during the third trimester. I was blessed with very little heartburn with my first pregnancy, but with baby #2 ouch!
As always check with your doctor before taking any medication while pregnant, but I got the go-ahead from my doctor to take Tums during my pregnancy. If your heartburn becomes more serious they may also prescribe something to help relieve the painful symptoms.
13. Compression Socks
- COMPRESSION SOCKS- OR are these the new age IMPRESSION SOCKS? Gone are the times when Compression socks were viewed as medicinal products. We have mastered the art of combining fashion, technology and science to bring you the triple comfort without making you overpay. Our Compression socks are designed to be the be newest amongst the market while providing a greater comfort with breathable and moisture absorbent material.
- THE IMPRESSION SOCKS - The smooth heel and toe provide unmatched comfort. We carefully designed and manufactured our compression socks to provide premium support, comfort, and relief without compromising your mobility. Form fitting, lightweight, and breathable fabric features maintain joint stability regardless of activity.it is ideal for those who sit for long period during travel or at work.
- COMPRESSION BENEFITS – Compression techniques are scientifically proven to provide relief of varicose veins, Calf Compression or other leg swelling issues. Usable throughout the clock, our socks help prevent Blood clots after surgery & Fits well unlike socks with inflexible fabrics. The compression & support is perfectly located on Heel Foot Calves and the toe area wont squeeze your aching toe joints. Moisture wicking properties rapidly air dry in a few hours.
- BEATING OUT THE COMPETITION -our knee high compression socks' material are upgraded with nylon percentage from 40% to 85%, Delivers 360-degree stretch for greater flexibility and durability. Breathable high performance fabric maintains an optimal temperature. moisture for maximum level of comfort. Our compression socks will bring the most comfortable feeling to you .
- ATISFCATION GUARANTEED – Shop with confidence. Your satisfaction is our topmost priority. If you do not like our socks for any reason, we offer a full refund or free replacement. No questions asked.Two size options avSailable to pick from - Shoe Size Men 6-12 | Women 7-13.5S
During pregnancy, your circulatory system is under a lot more pressure. Plus, during the end of your pregnancy, you probably aren’t as mobile as you were before.
They actually had to check me for a blood clot in my leg (which I didn’t have, thank goodness!) when I was 31 weeks pregnant. I had a lot of complications in that pregnancy which lead to sitting and being in bed a lot and it turns out one of my veins actually got “stretched” from the extra pressure.
My doctor recommended that I try using compression socks like these to help keep the blood flowing more evenly in my legs
14. Slip-On Shoes
By the third trimester getting your shoes on is a challenge, to say the least. If it is summer find yourself some slip on sandals or if it is during the cooler months look for some warmer closed-toe shoes like these that you can slip on.
15. Stretch Mark Cream
- STRETCH MARK LOTION: This non-greasy lotion is ideal for all-over body use to improve skin elasticity, texture & tone and is widely recommended for stretch marks during & after pregnancy or weight fluctuation.
- NATURAL FACTORS: This lotion features Pure Cocoa Butter & Shea Butter, Natural Oils, Collagen, Elastin & Lutein keep skin moisturized & supple for 48 hours, allowing skin to stretch more easily.
- FINEST INGREDIENTS: We strive to use only the finest natural, raw ingredients to bring you soft, hydrated & beautiful hair & skin. We support sustainable production of Shea & Cocoa Butter & Coconut Oil worldwide.
- CHOOSE WHAT'S REAL: Our beauty products, hair & skin treatments feature real high-quality, plant-based ingredients in formulas that really work to hydrate & soften, from lip balm to bar soap to body butter.
- PALMER'S: Our Cocoa Butter, Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, Olive Oil, & Vitamin E product lines include creams, balms, lotions, oils & soaps for hand & body, face, lip, sun care, hair care & pregnancy & stretch mark care.
Hopefully, you’ve been trying to keep things moisturized your entire pregnancy, but during the third trimester is when your baby grows the most! The stretching can be itchy or painful and can leave permanent stretch marks.
As I’m writing this I’m 32 weeks pregnant with baby #2 and these are my third trimester must haves that are saving me right now!
Do you have a product that makes the third trimester better for you? Share it with us below!