This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for more information.
As moms, we are protective of our little ones. We want to take all of their pain away. For new moms it can be especially overwhelming when your little one get’s their first sickness or owie – trust me when I say it will be a huge relief already having these on hand.
I remember all too well holding my screaming newborn as I sent my hubby to the store late a night to grab gas drops for my poor baby.
Here are some important things to stock in your baby’s medicine cabinet:
- DUAL MODE: Forehead Thermometer (suitable for all ages) and Ear Thermometer function ( only for the child above 3 months) - the easiest and most practical way to take a temperature.
- SAFE AND HYGIENIC: Compared to mercury thermometer, there is no danger of breaking the glass or swallowing mercury. Our digital medical thermometer is totally safe for children to use.
- RELIABLE AND ACCURATE: A maximum of 20 previous readings is available to help you track the changes of your body temporal temperature. Delivers temperature readings with Unfailing Accuracy and very fast.
- QUICK AND EASY: With just 2 buttons, Head and Ear, this baby thermometer is very easy to use. This thermometer for fever reads within 1 second and a loud enough beep will notify you it is done.
- BEST CHOICE OF FAMILY: Been clinically validated the safety and accuracy are the primary requirements of Ankovo infrared thermometer. The smart and exquisite baby thermometer is dedicated to giving our family members the best care.
Eventually, you will be able to tell if your little one has a fever just by kissing their forehead, but having a thermometer is super important to see how high their fever really is.
If it is under 100 degrees I don’t worry too much about it, but if it goes over that you may want to give them medicine or contact your doctor.
We ended up buying one of these thermometers that you swipe across their forehead. This has been great and now that my little boy is older he loves to have his temperature taken.
Buy this thermometer on Amazon
- Contains 2 6-oz tubes
- Formulated with: zinc oxide, titanium dioxide
- Made without oxybenzone and octinoxate
- Formulated without: PABA, phthalates, parabens, fragrances or nano particles
- Formulated with NeoNourish Seed Oil Blend: Our own blend of tomato, sunflower, cranberry, black cumin and raspberry seed oils
Eventually, when you will be taking your baby out, it is vital that you protect their sensitive skin from the harmful rays of the sun.
Babies skin is especially sensitive so try to keep them covered and out of the sun, but for on those fun outings make sure to grab your baby sunscreen and frequently reapply.
Every mama out there knows how it is to have a teething baby and if you are expecting a little one it can be super sad. Because of this, it is best to be prepared with the essentials. Orajel is one of the more popular pain relievers that you can use.
If you want a natural remedy, you can also use,
- Clove oil
- A frozen teething toy
- A cold washcloth
- Or a breastmilk popsicle
Check with your doctor before giving your child any new medicines
- Gently relieves stomach discomfort from gas, colic, fussiness and hiccups
- Made with organic agave syrup.Paraben free
- Formula includes ginger and fennel which have been shown to be beneficial as an aid to digestion
- Contains no artificial dyes, gluten or sodium bicarbonate
- Safe and gentle formula for newborns
This is best for calming a baby’s upset stomach. You can also use it for hiccups! The nighttime formula also has chamomile that can bring calm and relaxation to your baby to help them sleep.
- Relieves excess gas from food or swallowing of air
- No artificial colors or flavors
- No alcohol, saccharin or gluten
- Works in minutes
- Safe, gentle relief of gas discomfort
Similar to gripe water you also can use gas drops. My little boy had terrible infant gas and he would cry and cry for hours at night. The only thing that seemed to help at the time was gas drops. They were a lifesaver for us!
Related: Gas Relief For Babies: How To Stop Infant Gas Pains
- Helps treat and prevent diaper rash as a skin protectant (16% zinc oxide)
- Protects irritated skin due to diaper rash and helps seal out wetness
- Discomfort relief starts fast from the first use and provides long-lasting protection
- Pediatrician recommended brand; Free from dyes, preservatives, parabens and talc
- 16 ounce flip top jar
Diaper rashes can appear any time and are also very unpleasant to deal with. Always have diaper rash creams on hand. We personally use Boudreaux Butt Paste. It comes in a big tub or in a smaller tube. I recommend the tub for at your changing table and then one of the tubes to throw in your diaper bag.
- Designed for baby's nails: Nail clipper is specially designed for trimming tiny finger and toe nails
- Easy to hold & use extra large, soft touch handle provides a more comfortable and secure grip
- Safe for all ages nail clippers can be used from newborns to toddlers
- Perfect for diaper bag folding up for storage, this nail clipper makes a great addition to your diaper bag
- 1 piece set this pack includes one infant nail clipper
Okay, this one I’m kind of torn on. I absolutely hated clipping my babies nails. One time I pinched my little boy’s skin and I felt like the worst mom in the whole world. After that, I resorted to biting his nails off until he was bigger.
However, some mommies don’t like the idea of biting off their kiddos fingernails so in that case you definitely need baby nail clippers. They are smaller and more precise than adult-sized clippers.
Buy baby nail clippers on Amazon
- GENTLE SALINE WIPES: Boogie Wipes saline nose wipes are wet wipes made with natural saline, which is gentle on skin, helps clean and dissolve snot and boogers, and wipes away dirt and germs They’re gentle enough to be used on noses, faces, fingers and toes whenever cleaning is necessary
- SOFT & GENTLE: Soothe and moisturize with Aloe, Chamomile, and Vitamin E so wipes are extra soft, safe and gentle for all ages
- MADE WITH NATURAL SALINE: Made with 09% isotonic saline, which is the same amount of saline that naturally occurs in the human body Hypoallergenic and free of alcohol, parabens, and phthalates
- RESEALABLE PACK: Hard, flip-top lid is resealable and perfect for having fresh wipes handy every day or on stuffy noses when allergy, cold and flu symptoms are at their worst
- INVENTED BY MOMS: Invented by moms for moms, and also recommended by pediatricians!
Boogie wipes have saline in them, which is better to use than regular tissues especially when wiping away snot. They are also very soft, gentle and won’t dry out your baby’s nose when they have a cold.
Baby pain relief medicine
- 2-fluid ounce bottle of Infants' Tylenol Oral Suspension medicine to temporarily relieve minor aches and pains due to the common cold, flu, sore throat, toothache for your little one
- The infants' liquid pain reliever medicine also starts to reduce fever in as little as 15 minutes. Each 5-milliliter dose of the infants' medicine contains 160 milligrams of acetaminophen, a known pain reliever and fever reducer.
- This baby pain & fever relief medicine comes in a kid-friendly grape flavor that is gentle on little tummies and is formulated for children 2-3 years of age; for children 2 years and younger, consult a healthcare professional
- It comes with a SimpleMeasure dosing syringe, included for dispensing the proper dosage for your child's age and weight. Dosing is available for children 2-3 years of age. Ask a doctor about dosage for children under 2 years of age.
Stock up on the baby pain medicine. This is great to have on hand for sore thighs from vaccinations, really bad teething pain, fevers and more.
Fevers and ear infections are inevitable for most babies and sometimes, they would need relief. When it comes to medicine like Tylenol and Motrin, it should be used according to your pediatrician’s advice or recommendation. You should also pay close attention to the dosages and time intervals.
Buy baby pain reliever on Amazon
- INSTANT DRY AIR RELIEF: Ultrasonic cool mist technology safely and quickly moisturizes dry air for up to 25 hours of continuous operation so you can breathe easy and get more restful sleep
- YEAR-ROUND COMFORT: High and low-speed settings combined with a 360° mist nozzle help you consistently balance and regulate the humidity in your home all year long for relief from cold-like symptoms and sinus issues
- LARGE EASY-FILL TANK: 1.5 liter water tank provides ideal coverage for bedrooms, offices, nurseries, and other medium-sized rooms
- NIGHT LIGHT & AUTO SHUT-Off: An optional night light offers a soothing glow, while the automatic shut-off feature turns the humidifier off when water level is low or the water tank is removed
- WHAT YOU GET: Humidifier, AC power adapter, disk cleaning brush, user manual, and Pure Enrichment’s guaranteed 5-Year Warranty. Our customer support team provides daily quality service and peace of mind to millions worldwide all from a brand you can trust.
- Show you care about the well-being of your team and visitors with PURELL Advanced Hand Sanitizer Soothing Gel for the workplace with aloe and Vitamin E
- Place PURELL hand sanitizer at desks, in common areas, and in restrooms
- Perfect for frequent use. The mild formula with aloe and vitamin E is free of parabens, phthalates, preservatives; so it will not dry out or irritate skin. Hands feel soft, even after many uses
- Place an 8 fl oz PURELL bottle on each employee’s desk, in reception areas and in conference and break rooms
- Case Includes: 4 - PURELL Advanced Hand Sanitizer Soothing Gel for Workplaces - 8 fl oz pump bottles
You will be the sanitizer queen the first few months with your little one. These are used to keep germs and flu bugs from getting spread around. For the first couple months if someone wanted to hold my baby they had to use sanitizer first.
This is especially during the winter months where the flu and other viruses are more rampant, it’s important to stock up on this.
Bonus tip: Keep a bottle of sanitizer at your changing table so you can quickly sanitize before and after diaper changes. I was way too tired to go to the bathroom before and after each night time diaper change so this saved me!
Baby wash, shampoo, lotions
- Johnson’s Bedtime Routine - clinically proven to help baby fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer
- Helps babies fall asleep up to 30% faster and be 58% less likely to wake during the night
- Johnson’s Bedtime Baby Lotion, 15 Fl. Oz
- Johnson’s Bedtime Baby Bath, 15 Fl. Oz
- Johnson’s Baby Shampoo, Calming Lavender, 15 Fl. Oz
Baby shampoos and washes are made to not sting their eyes.
Hydrating creams like Cetaphil or Aquaphor are great for treating dry skin and protecting it from the harsh weather and temperatures.
Buy baby wash and shampoo on Amazon
You can put these in the nose to soften up the insides and then you can suck it out using a bulb syringe or something like a NoseFrida. The saline drops are great for getting the stuffiness to drip out.
Baby Nasal Aspirators
- HYGIENIC: Disposable filters are clinically proven to the snot sucker when clearing stuffy noses. Replace filter after every use.
- COMFORTABLE + NON-INVASIVE: NoseFrida creates a seal with the outside of the baby’s nostril for gentle snotsucking.
- DISHWASHER SAFE: The blue nasal tube, red mouthpiece, and filter cap are top-rack dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. Care & Cleaning: Wash With Soap and Water
- PEDIATRICIAN RECOMMENDED: BPA + Phthalate-free. Suitable for ages 0 to 9 years
- BABY REGISTRY ESSENTIAL: Includes 1 NoseFrida and 4 Hygiene Filters
An aspirator is a device that will literally suck the snot out of your baby’s nose and relieve congestion. Most hospitals will give you a bulb syringe when you have your baby, but you may want to order a different one that you can open up and clean out.
Or you can grab something like the Nose Frida – I admit it is a really gross concept, but when your little one is sick and miserable, you’ll do just about anything for them!
Stocking your baby’s medicine cabinet might sound tedious and a lot for a tiny little human, but trust me, you’ll be glad you came prepared when your baby experiences discomfort, gets sick or has an infection. When it comes to your baby’s needs, it’s always better to be safe than sorry.
Bonus tip: Check out these 8 Mom Hacks For Sick Kids!